Thomas J. East, MBA, PhD | Print Tom`s Resume
6775 Windward Hills Drive, Brecksville, Ohio 44141
Home: 440.792.4637 * Cell 216.538.1148 * E-mail: email@example.com
SENIOR MANAGEMENT EXECUTIVE
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT * MARKETING * SALES * OPERATIONS
Expert in leading low performing organizations to profitable growth / diversification:
37% sales jump; 150% profit growth in 5 years
– Refrigeration Sales Corporation
64% sales growth / 130% profit growth / double digit market increase
– The Habegger Corporation
$25M sales growth in 2 years
– American Residential Services
$1.5M increase in sales in 1 year
– Koch Air Incorporated
High-Performance Leader with 25-plus years professional and entrepreneurial experience creating and executing value-based sales, marketing and operation propositions that propel revenue / profit growth for public and private businesses. Extremely savvy in establishing strong negotiating positions, strategic planning, communicating competitive value and exploiting new business opportunities. A proven performer, skilled at leading and motivating sales / operational teams to success in highly competitive, mature markets. An effective agent with a high level of integrity. A leader, who has established strategies, led turnabout efforts and integrated cultures in a fast-paced, high growth era of mergers and acquisitions. Customers, employees, and colleagues made particular note of abilities:
- Developing and orchestrating winning strategies to increase revenues, profit and growth.
- Leading companies out of mediocrity into thriving profitable performance.
- Consolidating and integrating diverse organizations and technologies to achieve objectives.
- Creating new concepts and services to improve competitive advantages.
- Identifying potential and aiding the development of next generation managers.
Empowering people to take initiative…Requiring personal / team accountability…Inspiring success.
Areas of Expertise:
Strategic Business Planning / Execution ▪ Competitive Market Intelligence ▪ Financial / P&L Management
Multi-Channel Marketing & Distribution ▪ Recruiting Superior Talent ▪ New Product Development
Direct / Indirect Sales Organizations ▪ Turnaround Reorganization ▪ Diverse OEM Experience
Pricing Strategies & Structures ▪ Distribution Management ▪ Employee Development
New Business Development / Growth ▪ Performance Metrics ▪ Operational Excellence
EXECUTIVE PERFORMANCE OVERVIEW
+ REFRIGERATION SALES CORPORATION, Cleveland, Ohio (rsc2go.com) 4/2005 to 12/2012
A major NE Ohio Carrier Distributor, $80M wholesaler
Reported to shareholders and board immediately challenged to turn around a marginally performing sales and profit organization. Charged with championing a “customer first” cultural change. Oversaw all sales, marketing, operations, accounting, position segmentation, pricing administration, communications. Optimize current / launch new products.
Sales Organization / New Business Development & Profit Growth
- Imposed accountability upon Sales Teams, spurring a more-proactive, high performance-driven organization, aligning value proposition / solutions-selling methodology with customer support.
- Captured over $12.5M in new business.
- Generated $3.5M in upgrading current Store locations, and added 4 new locations.
- Established $9M parts and supplies Sales Teams.
- Boosted profit 150% / increase sales and controlling inventory / receivable cost while maintaining headcount.
- Negotiated $5M national product integration expanding portfolio and territory opportunities.
- Developed Strategies for the purpose of organizational growth
+ THE HABEGGER CORPORATION, Cincinnati, Ohio (habeggercorp.com) 1999 to 4/2005
$225M Bryant Heating and Cooling Distributor; Serving Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, and Kentucky.
REGIONAL MANAGER – Indiana, Kentucky
Prominent Senior Manager employed for the purpose of increasing market share, lead a diverse sales force, establish regional / localized operational teams, and expand branch locations into new markets.
Market Share / Revenue / Profit Growth
- Effected a dramatic improvement in market in 33 counties by an average of 15% across all product segments.
- Enhanced gross margin from 19% to 22% and impacted profits by increasing overall performance by 130%.
- Drove sales growth $4.5M in 3 years – 64% growth!
- SG&A expenses cut by 9.7%
- Spear headed new $6M location in unique market.
+ AMERICAN RESIDENTIAL SERVICES, Indianapolis, Indiana (ARS.com) 1996 – 1999
$75M Midwest Heating & Air Conditioning Service company; Service and Installing Residential/Commercial Equipment.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER & PRESIDENT – Indiana
Recruited for the “top” job for new venture in the world of acquisitions and mergers to join multi-cultures, develop business models, and optimize shareholder value.
Acquisitions / Mergers / Asset Development / Shareholder Value
- Acquired 11 businesses through acquisitions with 450 employees and recruited senior executive team to capture dominate share of market in Ohio, Pennsylvania, and in Indiana.
- Enhanced gross margin from 19% to 22% and impacted profits by increasing overall performance by 5%
- Propelled sales growth by $25M in 2 years.
- Reduced assets by $2M generating a more positive cash flow.
- Streamlined internal operational processes improving efficiency and ultimately providing (nationally recognized) “world class” service.
- Sheppard national training programs for service technicians across North America.
+ KOCH AIR, Indianapolis, Indiana www.kochair.com
Major Midwest Distributor of Carrier Heating and Air Conditioning Product
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER – Indianapolis, Indiana
Employed to lead Carrier sales team (commercial / residential), marketing efforts, and customer service to capture market share and champion a “customer first” culture.
Sales Organization Design / New Business Development
- Selected / recruited the best talent developing territorial management skills to grow sales $1.5M in one year.
- Restructure regional marketing programs to support growing dealer base, and support with lead generation.
+ CAPITOL GROUP, INC, Evansville, Indiana
Midwest Distributor of Trane Heating and Air Conditioning Products
TERRITORY MANAGER – Evansville, Indiana
Employed to develop market share for Trane residential / light commercial products using entrepreneur energy and experience to grow sagging market.
Territory Development / Market Share Growth
- Ignited $5.7M in sales in tough market conditions.
- Vaulted gross margins to 25% plus, by ensuring mix of business was optimized.
BS, Management, Indiana Wesleyan University
MBA, Business Administration, Indiana Wesleyan University
PhD, Organizational Behavior and Management /Leadership, Capella University
Visiting Professor – DeVry/Keller University Cleveland, Ohio
Board of Director Member for DeVry, Becker, and Keller University Business Division Cleveland, Ohio
Past Board of Director Member for Ronald McDonald House Indianapolis, Indiana
Certificate of completion for FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974)
Member AMA (American Management Association)
Delivered commencement speech for DeVry/Keller University – Summer 2012